If you’ve kept up with this blog, you know I’m waiting on the Lord for direction and guidance on my job / career hunt. The sermon message at my church today was about waiting on God. Below is a blurb about different situations where people may be waiting along with some wonderful scripture that was comforting to me today. I hope there are some that read this and find comfort as well.
MOST OF US… would rather do anything except “wait;” BUT, THE TRUTH IS… even in our modern age of conveniences, most of us are “waiting” for something most of the time:
- MAYBE… you’re in a job situation that’s tough to endure; AND, YOU’RE… waiting and hoping that conditions will change for the better.
- MAYBE… you’re jobless; AND, YOU’RE… waiting for news on an application.
- MAYBE… you’re ill (or have a loved one who is); AND, YOU’RE…waiting for your health to improve.
- MAYBE… you’re on a diet and waiting for your weight to drop a few pounds.
- MAYBE… you’re a single person waiting for Mr. or Ms. “Right.”
- MAYBE… you’re waiting for your spouse or child to become interested in spiritual things.
- MAYBE… you are beginning a career and waiting on God to direct or come through.
- MAYBE… your “yes” is on the table with God; AND, YOU’RE…waiting on God to put details to your “yes.”
Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door. As an example of suffering and patience, brothers, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.
(James 5:7-11 ESV)
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
(Galatians 6:9 ESV)
I will take my stand at my watchpost
and station myself on the tower,
and look out to see what he will say to me,
and what I will answer concerning my complaint.
For still the vision awaits its appointed time;
it hastens to the end—it will not lie.
If it seems slow, wait for it;
it will surely come; it will not delay.
(Habakkuk 2:1, 2:3 ESV)
The LORD is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.
(Lamentations 3:25-26 ESV)
He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.
(1 Thessalonians 5:24 ESV)
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
(Philippians 1:6 ESV)